Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introduction

I've been toying around with writing something for a while. I figured since I can't do anything with my husband sleeping away for fear of waking him up with his grave yard shift looming over him I'd toy around with some thing. Not sure where it will lead, or what genre it will end up. Just going to sit down and write. We'll see what comes out.

*edit* So this is going to be for Introduction. And I do intend to finish it in my next post. I've Decided to entitle it so because even though the story isn't about introductions its my introduction as a writer again. It felt so good to write again. *edit*

Introduction:
There I sat at the computer again. Staring at the screen like a zombie trying to figure out calculus. It never failed when I wanted to sleep I couldn't but when I didn't want to sleep I couldn't keep my eyes open. So here I sat doing nothing really. Just watching some mind numbing viral video on the internet. With a sigh, I turned to look at the clock again. Shit, work started in about 3 hours. Maybe it wouldn't hurt if I was late opening up shop. It was my own place, I should be able to decide the hours if I really wanted to. However, I knew the regulars would be waiting for me.

I pushed my chair back from the desk hitting the power button on my monitor and shutting down the computer. I reached down and petted Booger on behind the ears disturbing his nap.

"Well fine at least one of us can sleep." I grumbled to the black lab laying on the floor. "Go back to chasing the cat or bunny or what ever you were dreaming about."

Booger laid his head back down on the floor with a "humph" directed at me I assumed. I continued to get ready for work. There was no use going back to bed now, even though I could hear it screaming at me to lay beneath the silky satin of my sheets.

I grabbed my giant beach towel I'd gotten from my last cruise with my best friend Sadie and continued to step into my shower. The warm water felt good against my skin. I smiled as the water dripped down my back and landed with little plinks against the tile floor. After several minutes of pure bliss I finally got back to what I was doing and made quick work of my shower. Wrapping up in my towel I went down to my kitchen to start some coffee. I would never make it through the day with out a nice strong cup.

Half way down my steps I caught a blissful scent of coffee. Bliss turned to alarm as I realized that I wasn't alone in my home. Looking down at my pale skin against the bright green of the towel my cheeks flushed. Here I was with the possibility of a stranger in my home and I was concerned about being seen in a towel that was definitely big enough to cover ever bit of me.

I rushed silently back up into my room and quickly threw on the first sun dress I could find. Figuring one article of clothing would be quicker and more efficient than to find an outfit. Plus it was probably a good 80 degrees out side today. Dressed, I grabbed my giant flashlight from my night stand and proceeded down the stairs cautiously.

As I made my way to the kitchen I caught a wiff of Strawberry Sauce and ....no it couldn't be. As I stood in the kitchen door way I stopped. The flashlight fell to the floor with a loud thud. Booger sat at his feet wagging his tail. Apparently he figured out who it was long before I did. A soft purring drew my attention and I noticed my Ash was curled up in the window seal. He'd come back.


Not to shabby for not writing a damned thing in 3 years give or take. :) I may do exercises like this more. And maybe continue later :) But for now I need to take a movie back and start on Dinner. Let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment