Friday, December 19, 2008

A new job..and an old one lost....

Well I finally found a job after I've been looking since October. I'll be 'homeschooling' two toddlers. Garrett who is 2 and Daniel who is 3 1/2. Apparently their pre-k hasn't been integrating what they have previously learned into their lessons as well as a few other things so she's pulling them out of the school and giving their full time care to me. For those of you who don't know, Garrett and Daniel are two boys that I've been babysitting for about a year now. They are so adorable and are brilliant wonderful boys. I'm so excited to have been given this opportunity. Here's the catch though. The job could last from 3 weeks to 6 months. I'm really hoping for the 6 months. That way I'll have the expirience needed to persue more opportunities in other day cares and preschools around the area afterward. Its not exactly what I truly wanted to do but its in the same career path just a little younger. So if anyone has any great ideas that they have used in the past let me know :) I've gotten some wonderful ideas but I'm always up for more :)

Now for the sad news. Reggie will be layed off as of Janurary 23, 2009. After 7 years in the company, they have decided to close the store. He'd stay on but the only position available in the area is a CSR which is like a triple demotion for him. But the good news is that he'll be getting a nice severence pay which should help us out till he can find soemthing new. His parents would like to see him go to the tech school and learn a trade. I'd like to think that he'll finally go through with it. He is so smart and intellegent.

Lets see what else is new, oh yeah! So I've started trying to think of ways to cut down on bills and one of them was to start making Sour Dough bread instead of wasting 3 dollars on decent bread. My grandmother bought me and Reggie a bunch of food for christmas, so I've got like a 25 lb bag of flour in my kitchen LOL. So far I've made Sour Dough buscuits and tonight I tried to make Sour Dough Pizza. OMG the pizza crust is AMAZING!!!!! However my buscuits flopped. I compacted the dough to much. But they were tasty even if you could bounce them across the room and believe you me Reggie and I sure tried LOL.

Well I'm going to go munch on some more crust and play my World of Warcraft. Almot to lv 80 WOOOOOOOOOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment