Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The mother in me...

So this new job is WONDERFUL! I couldn't ask for a better job. I feel bad though because I'm not able to teach them as much as I'd like due to their attention span but I'll take what I can get from two Toddler Boys in their Terrible 2s and 3s. Today was better than Monday though. Monday they pushed and pushed and pushed my buttons but I made it through and today was like cake and they were the boys I always babysit. I love them so much. There is only one problem....My wow is suffering. I know I know...I shouldn't care about a game LOL but it sucks because I have 5 hours to myself to have the computer but tonight and last night I'm so exhausted that I'm crashing in my food! I managed to stay awake to visit with family last night but passed out at midnight. And to night whew I'm making mistakes left and right while typing because my eyes are drooping.

This job has also made me aware of just how much I'm ready for mother hood as well as just how much I"m not ready, if that makes any sense to anyone but me. I love the taking care of the boys. Its so rewarding and wonderful but by golly I have so much trouble keeping up with them. Its not even the patience thing. I've got that down pat. But I really have to work on my health first and fore most. Its killing me running around playing tickle monster but then again I'm also working to keep myself from sliding on the hard wood floor so its alot more energy. Thats another blessing in disguise. I"m going to lose sooooo much weight at this job. Not just from the high energy activities but also because I'm eating more than once a day :). No more sumo wrassler diet for me :) I've already lost 20 lbs since christmas by just slowing down when I eat and actually chewing my food. Also I"ve started to cut back on my caffinated beverages and sugar intake.

There is something else that I've decided. Reggie and I are waiting till i can be a stay at home mom. There is no way I could do the mom thing and work. Two boys, or rather children, is more work than an 8 hour retail job sheesh. But I've gotten them to where all i have to do is start counting and they stop what they are doing that they know is bad :). I'm going to enjoy this job till april :). Whish me luck with 1, 2 buckle my shoe and 10 little indians tomorrow :) oh and the loverly joy of making pizza with them. Gonna teach them ovals with it. Or maybe we could make an octagon pizza. Daniel is doing so well with that shape :) I think its his favorite. he points it out everywhere. LOL

Anyway I'm going to bed now. I'm sure this blog makes not sense to anyone but me but hey i'm tired and thats my exuse...whats yours *giggle* jk

1 comment:

  1. Good luck losing weight--you can do it, although it isn't easy. Don't get discouraged! And I'm glad you're enjoying your job. Sounds like a lot of work--but fun, as well :)

    ReplyDelete