Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today we are going up to get some college friends of mine for my birthday weekend.I have tomorrow off so we're going to have a barbecue with them and a friend of mine from work, her baby girl and her husband. Should be a good time had by all. I'll be turning 25. Wow.....i'm getting old. I used to tease Reggie about being old when he turned 25 and this year he turned 27. Its amazing how time seems to fly by you as you get older. I remember as a kid time seemed so slow it hurt and now......I've been married for 2 years already. How did that happen. Its amazing how much you sober up knowing that you are already half way to 50 which is where life seems to slow down just a little bit. I wanted to have my kids by now and I wanted to be a teacher but I have achieved so little and time just keeps whizzing by me. I have no regrets don't get me wrong its just amazing to see what my life is now compared to how I thought it would be. I'm glad we've waited to have kids. Its given Reggie and I the opportunity to explore our intimacy and have "married" time. I do fear that it will be hard on Reggie when we do have kids. However, I have seen that side of him through Melyanne and the time we've spent with her. He'll kill me for saying this but he is wonderful with kids. I remember him telling me how much he hated being around babies and that joking that we should adopt an older child so he doesn't h ave to deal with the 1-5 years but I don't believe him now. the way he helps me with Melyanne when I babysit proves that too me. He's so kind and gentle and sweet. She may not be ours but she sure has Reggie wrapped around her little finger. So Saturday I meet 25 and what do I have to show for it. A loving husband and 6 "furry" babies who love me. I'm employed and surviving in this hard time. I have good friends who care about me all around the world and so many other blessings in this life. Happy birthday to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment