Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday's Memory:Bear

After reading Natalie's post I got inspired to write one about our first dog.

I had been wanting a dog for a long time. When we moved in together I settled for a kitten due to lack of space and money. We got married in 2009 and had moved into a house that we are still currently renting to own. I was looking on Craigslist as I often had oogleing at the puppies that needed homes and yearning for one. Reggie had just been let go from Backbuster...I mean Blockbuster after 7 years and was working with an inventory group that would go out of town on the weekends. Reggie wasn't comfortable with me being alone and told me that for my wedding present I could get me a dog. I saw "Buddy"'s ad on Craigslist and quickly emailed the woman who was offering him up to a good home. We got there and instantly I fell for his big brown eyes and floppy ears. Reggie wasn't so sure about him. He was bigger than Reggie wanted for our budget and he was afraid that food would cause a bump in our budget. We were talking to the woman for about 15 minutes and I was playing with "Buddy" trying to butter up Reggie. Well the sun came out from behind some clouds and Reggie excused himself to grab his sunglasses out of the car.

Next thing I see is this streak of black racing for the car and Reggie stumbling against the door. A smile finally appeared on his face as "Buddy" firmly planted his behind in the middle of the back seat. I looked at Reggie and said "Well you can't say no now!" Reggie rolled his eyes but guess what: Buddy, now Bear, Firmly holds a spot in Reggie's heart and Reggie is his favorite human. But thats okay the Dog that was supposed to be his Loves me more :)
Bugga Bear shortly after we got him.



Bug Bear 3 months ago. Gotta love that silly grin.

I call this "Daddy's home"

1 comment:

  1. I have really, really loved having pets in my home. I love animals. Whenever we go on a walk and Cope sees a dog, he wants to play so bad! The other day, someone had a fawn Great Dane at the park and I just sat and drooled over him while Cope played with and made good friends with him. We want a dog so bad, but we lack the space. Thus, we settle for kitties. I wish I could have another--in fact, I remember when I was in high school, I wanted to have acres of property on which I would find stray kitties, have them fixed and let them live on my property. And I would feed them if they needed it. I think Jay would kill me if I did this, though :)

    I love your dogs. They are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete