Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday's Memory: Best Friends

Thanks to having a bad memory this blog experiment is rather difficult for me. Wordless Wednesdays are easy due to the lovely antics of my "kids", but most memories for me are things that people tell me happened. I remember bits and pieces from major events in my life but little memories tend to slip through the cracks. However, last night one magically made an appearance as Reggie and I were driving down the freeway.

Earlier that night Reggie had read an article that had the line that said something like , "I didn't do it." is the fastest way to let a cop know your guilty. As Reggie was telling me about the article I flashed back to high school. I don't remember where we were going or if we were coming back from somewhere all I remember is driving in Jennifer's orange Gran Torino and hearing a siren come up behind us. As we pulled over Jen starts laughing nervously as did I. That cop had to think we were insane or something. I think we stopped long enough for him to get her information and head back to the car before we busted out again. I don't know how she managed not to get a ticket because from what I remember she was going a lot over the speed limit.

I remember us laughing even harder as we headed back to our destination. Most of my memories from high school involve Jen. We used to be joined at the hip and even today we are still some what close. Though we've lost a bit of what we had due to long distance, I still consider her my best friend and know that I'd be a totally different person had I never met her.


She even flew out to Ga for my wedding. I was so grateful to have her here for that occasion. I never could imagine that day with out having her there.
.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I remember that. It was the first time I'd ever gotten pulled over. What made it so hilarious is that I -had- been speeding, and I said "I'm going to laugh so hard if we get pulled over." Lo and Behold...

    And I wasn't speeding -that- much. Just going 9 over the posted limit. =P

    ReplyDelete